Welcome

This blog is a space to share my experiences during my Peace Corps service. It is also a space to share my art, and to question everything from female agency to fried hotdogs. I hope you enjoy :)

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Peace Corps Swear in

On march 14th I swore in as a official Peace Corps Volunteer. After 2 and half months it was a huge celebration. After a year deferment and almost another year of waiting I was finally an official Peace Corps Volunteer.  Here are some photos of me and my friends. All shots of me were taken by my great friend fellow PCV Felipe from North Carolina.
My great friends Felipe and Rebecca. Such an amazing team and volunteers. Rebecca wrote a beautiful speech on behalf of the CEC sector and spoke in front of many higher ups in government. She spoke in perfect Spanish! 

My "Aunt" and I.  Sarah is such wonderful friend. She is serving with indigenous communities in The Darien.

My family and I. We were part of the same clan during training. They held me down.

I was so happy! 


My friend Adrians. She is so full of light. She is serving in Veraguas.

Emily and Sally from Texas! Both amazing women.

My sis Stephanie from Miami. Wonderful woman in the Teaching English sector.

Sarah

One of my best friends. Tom from the DMV. He is a fool! So funny and a great volunteer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment