Welcome

This blog is a space to share my experiences during my Peace Corps service. It is also a space to share my art, and to question everything from female agency to fried hotdogs. I hope you enjoy :)

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Letters from my students

I hope you have a good time where you are going to help people that live in the jungle.

I hope you have a good time in Panama. I hope you can bring me back a coconut from the jungle.



Before I was a Peace Corps Volunteer I was a Teacher. I worked in a inner city school in one of the most violent and poor neighborhoods in a city that is plagued by violence and poverty. My children saw far more and experienced far more then any child should. Although their lives were hard, they had bright lights and energetic spirits. I recently came across the letters they wrote me as I was leaving for Peace Corps Service and would love to share some of the letters with you.
Note: I do not have long, flowy, red hair. I have a dark Afro lol
I will miss you and I love(d) when you would read to us. 
I am going to miss you. But when you go can you send a picture of you and those sweet nice people.    :)

No comments:

Post a Comment