Welcome

This blog is a space to share my experiences during my Peace Corps service. It is also a space to share my art, and to question everything from female agency to fried hotdogs. I hope you enjoy :)

Friday, April 6, 2012

Poem: Love poem for those that feel unloved

From time to time I will write Poetry, Short Stories, Essays, or showcase my Photography. Here is a poem I wrote a few weeks ago.

I want to write you a love song, love poem, love tome
Would you like that King?
Scribes filled with life and light
Stretched from here to Ethiopia to Malaysia
Stretched out like rivers...Like Time
I'll stand on empty street corners and in crowded Juke Joints
Lay on solem beds and recite
Self assured like
Like heart ache has never occurred nor rejection
I'll write cliches until they sound like the first time
the fell from some lips of some person in sometime long before now


No comments:

Post a Comment