Welcome

This blog is a space to share my experiences during my Peace Corps service. It is also a space to share my art, and to question everything from female agency to fried hotdogs. I hope you enjoy :)

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Photos of the Day: Sisters & Family

This shot was taken a few days before it was time to say goodbye to my host family. These are all the "Children" or second and third generation of the family. It is a very raw shot and captures the beauty of my family in Los Mortales.
This was a shot that I took during a volunteer site visit. These young girls had seen allot even in their young age. I could tell by their eyes.

3 comments:

  1. The first pic really IS raw… and the 2nd is just stunning. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was the FAM! Raw was all you got. Thanks so much for the love. I will be posting up new stories and photographs in the coming days so stay tuned :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you are right. Their eyes are very serious. They look like they have already lived a very hard life. Hopefully, you can make it better.

    ReplyDelete